1. Obligatory Traveler
    February 18, 2018 @ 7:28 pm

Nice post with great Pictures. Very brave to climb up that ladder. Think I’d be okay scrambling up, but might get nervous climbing back down. I think people often overlook The Badlands as a destination, but the views look like something that are worth the visit.

February 19, 2018 @ 10:22 pm

I agree – I’ve never even really heard of Badlands until I started my trip but I was glad we got to stop and explore it a bit! The ladder was definitely less fun going down!

2. California Globetrotter
    February 18, 2018 @ 8:08 pm

See, this is why I thought you were an American! What European does to South Dakota for hiking! 🙂 haha I have myself never even heard of this place! It certainly looks beautiful and I wouldn’t mind the hike! #FeetDoTravel

February 19, 2018 @ 10:19 pm

Haha to be fair I wasn’t even entirely sure I would be going to South Dakota! We didn’t spend a lot of time in the park but I was really glad that we got to do the hike! It’s turned out to be one of my favourite states too – there is so much to see!

3. Yvette Benhamou
    February 18, 2018 @ 8:13 pm

Bandalier National Monument also has a wooden ladder – but it’s not quite as intense as the one you climbed. The trail sends like a lot of fun, the perfect amount of difficulty, and those views are incredible.

February 19, 2018 @ 10:20 pm

I really want to visit as many National Parks and National Monuments in the States so will definitely keep an eye out on that one!

4. Dorothy
    February 18, 2018 @ 8:28 pm

Beautiful photos and you are lucky that you didn’t encounter any snakes.

February 19, 2018 @ 10:21 pm

Thank you and I agree! Not sure how I would have felt about the hike if I did!

5. Urska
    February 19, 2018 @ 10:20 am

Looks like a nice hike in a lovely landscape.

6. Urska | sliva
    February 19, 2018 @ 1:16 pm

Wauu I would love to do the Notch Trail, the view from the top looks amazing. US National Parks are on my list too 🙂

February 19, 2018 @ 10:21 pm

There are so many great ones to see and explore! Hope you get to visit soon!

February 20, 2018 @ 5:44 pm

The Notch Trail really does look to have some striking scenery! Ive heard of Badlands before but don’t think I’ve seen photos before. I imagine there’s quite a lot of options for hiking there, but there being rattlesnakes would have me cautious. Great guide Lex!

February 20, 2018 @ 10:59 pm

Thanks mate – it was short but sweet! A really beautiful area!

8. Anda
    February 20, 2018 @ 5:54 pm

Very beautiful trail. For the most part it seems moderate, but climbing up that stair looks pretty scary. I’ve never been in South Dakota and didn’t know anything about Badlands National Park so far. #TheWeeklyPostcard

February 20, 2018 @ 11:07 pm

Yeah the stair is actually steeper than it looks in the photos but it wasn’t too bad. I also knew little about Badlands but I am glad I got to visit! Thanks!