August 27, 2017 @ 2:49 pm

You found some beautiful lakes to visit in the USA. Some of the lakes I have never heard of and some I have visited, but I would love to see the Mono Lake in California. The huge granite rocks would be awesome to see. That must have been a great 43-day tour. Thanks for sharing! #feetdotravel
    Stephanie (1AdventureTraveler) recently posted…Casco Viejo Panama – This Now Eclectic Beautiful Hip DistrictMy Profile

2. Steve
    August 29, 2017 @ 11:41 am

Jackson Lake is one of my favorites. No matter how many times I visit, I feel freshness inside.
    But your photos look kinda different. :p BTW, excellent writing.

August 31, 2017 @ 5:31 pm

I haven’t been to the USA for years and there certainly more I would like to see. You have a great section of lakes here. Plenty to add to my bucket list.
    Barry recently posted…Driving Around Tassie: Planning a Tasmania Road TripMy Profile

October 18, 2017 @ 6:12 pm

I’ve just come back from my second visit and loved it just as much as the first! Such a fascinating country on multiple levels.

4. Scarlett Begonias
    September 1, 2017 @ 3:36 am

Ahhhhh, I love so many of these lakes! Your pictures are captivating. I would just add Crater Lake in Oregon to this list one day and you will have gone to all the beautiful lakes 🙂

October 18, 2017 @ 6:11 pm

Ah I would have LOVED to go to Oregon but unfortunately it was a bit out the way for that trip – but Oregon and the North West are definitely on the list when I go back!

5. James
    September 1, 2017 @ 1:19 pm

I’m tempted to go on a lakes of the USA road trip after reading this! I have only been to Lake Ontario and Lake Michigan from your list. From your pictures, Mono Lake looks the most beautiful and interesting as well with it being a salt lake.

6. Rob+Ann at TravelLatte(.net)
    September 2, 2017 @ 3:55 pm

You included a few of our absolute favorites! Lake Powell is just stunning, especially if when get into some of canyons accessible only by boat. Your photo of Jenny Lake is awesome! When were you there? We visited in July, and it was beautiful…but the snow really gives the lake and mountains such a dramatic look! You’ve got us ready to haul out the kayaks and hit the lakes! 🙂
    Rob+Ann at TravelLatte(.net) recently posted…#TheWeeklyPostcard – 1 September 2017My Profile

October 18, 2017 @ 6:07 pm

I would have LOVED to explore Lake Powell more but we just didn’t have that much time. I was at Jenny Lake in 2015 and while it was May, it was still cold and there was snow everywhere! So jealous you guys have opportunities to explore places like that in the States!

7. Kreete | AdventurousTrails
    September 3, 2017 @ 1:18 am

Jackson and Jenny lake all the way! Love the scenery and the snowy peaks. I have never given lakes too much thought to be honest, but these really look spectacular. Hope I get to see some of them some day! How much time did it take you to visit all of them? I feel my feet getting itchy already haha

October 18, 2017 @ 6:05 pm

Well I got to see them over the six weeks I was travelling around but we got to spend a decent amount of time at most so it was pretty fun! I just came back from Chicago too and cycled 36 miles along Lake Michigan which was super cool!

8. Shona @ paraphernalia.co
    September 3, 2017 @ 4:57 am

Some of them I’ve heard of and some I haven’t, but all of them are stunning. I had no idea the reservoir in Central Park was named after Jackie K.O. I’ve been around it a few times either walking or cycling. Cycling was better LOL.

October 18, 2017 @ 6:04 pm

I cycled around the park as well – such a massive park! I will definitely go for a run next time though!

September 3, 2017 @ 8:22 am

First of all, what a fabulous trip you did, clearly taking in some beautiful scenery! There are many lakes on this list I would like to see for different reasons; Lake Michigan, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir Lake Tahoe, jeez at this rate I will just be listing them all! Pinned to my USA board for when I visit! #feetdotravel

October 18, 2017 @ 6:02 pm

Thanks Angie – I was amazed at how much natural beauty there is in the States

10. Sandy N Vyjay
    September 3, 2017 @ 2:20 pm

These are really spectacular lakes and each seems to vie with the other in terms beauty. My favourite and the pick of the lot would be Jackson Lake. Looks really blissful.

October 18, 2017 @ 6:01 pm

Thanks guys – it’s the one lake where we didn’t spend that much time but I would love to go back and explore it properly!

11. Carmen Baguio
    September 3, 2017 @ 5:41 pm

We love to camp all around the great USA, and there’s nothing better than camping next to a lake. We hope to do a road trip out west next summer so maybe we can hit a couple of these lakes!

October 18, 2017 @ 6:00 pm

Yeah you guys definitely should – I loved camping near them and am very jealous you live in the States where opportunities to get outdoors are so plentiful!

12. Kelly Turpin
    September 7, 2017 @ 3:27 am

Wow! You have some awesome photos of these lakes. You have just put “visit lakes” on my list of things to do in the US of A! Cheers

13. Akshay Koranne
    October 6, 2017 @ 7:27 am

Hey nice one! I like Tenaya Lake and Jenny lake the most. Tenaya Lake is giving a beach feeling and looks like a calm lake without too many crowd. Surely would like to visit the place.

October 18, 2017 @ 5:40 pm

Yeah it was a surprise for sure! Didn’t expect it to be so beautiful when I haven’t even heard about it before!