April 20, 2017 @ 10:28 pm

Such great scenery! Definitely adding this hike to our budding Japan itinerary, especially with the option of staying a night or two. Great stuff, Lexx!
    Rob+Ann @TravelLatte(.net) recently posted…How to Make the Most of Your Time at the LouvreMy Profile

April 21, 2017 @ 4:04 pm

Love this…you brought me back to my time on Miyajima. I enjoyed your hike, one that I wish I would have taken. I was in hiking shape but Mr.1AdventureTraveler was not. So we did the ropeway up to 3/4 of the way to the top of Mt. Misen. My view was great but not like yours from the peak. When I was there the wasps were many and willing to sting. We did enjoy the walk to the ropeway, town and restaurants. Great information and stunning photos. I pinned this for later use since I would love to stay on the island overnight next time.
    Stephanie (1AdventureTraveler) recently posted…How to Scuba Dive for Adventure TravelMy Profile

3. tracy collins
    April 21, 2017 @ 7:10 pm

Great post – have really enjoyed reading about Japan – you must have had a fantastic time. This looks like an amazing place to visit – seeing the floating shrine wow! Love all the figures – especially the sunglasses and bling!

4. Heidy Rameau
    April 21, 2017 @ 7:35 pm

Thank you for sharing this post, I had no idea japan had such a majestic island! Which such wonderful hiking, I appreciate all the tips about the island. Very helpful!

April 25, 2017 @ 5:20 am

Itsukushima Shrine and the floating gate are a must-see for me when I visit Japan so thanks for your tips on how to get there and when to go! Fair play to you though for doing it on an empty stomach, just think of it as a fasting-workout that seems popular these days 😀 I loved the Rakan Statues as well, they are different! Thanks for sharing this special day filled with amazing memories, I have pinned this to my Japan board for when I visit! #feetdotravel

6. Jenn | By Land and Sea
    April 25, 2017 @ 9:40 pm

Wow, this is truly amazing! I love the Tori Gate, the foliage, the pathways, and everything else. This seems like a wonderful place to spend a day, empty stomach or not! Would love to go here if we ever make it to Japan!

7. Siddharth and Shruti
    April 27, 2017 @ 5:10 pm

Stunning pictures! Love the colours of the foliage! Hostel & Café Bar Backpackers Miyajima seems like a good accommodation option close by. The “floating” torii gate sounds interesting.

8. Scarlett Begonias
    April 27, 2017 @ 11:57 pm

The floating gate is gorgeous, and the hike looked magical. You got so many beautiful shots on this trip, and have inspired us to get to Japan sooner than later.

April 28, 2017 @ 9:19 am

Dude, just stop! I know I want to go back to Japan, I don’t need you reminding me with these awesome posts each time! You picked a perfect time it seems, from the light at the Floating Gate to the colour of the leaves at Momijidani Park. The views from the summit are fantastic, well worth the climb up. Chalk another stop up on my already overdue visit to Japan.

10. Shona @ paraphernalia.co
    April 28, 2017 @ 10:39 am

I’d love to do that and early, as you say, to avoid too many companions. Good call to leave some time. It seems there are many places to explore and photograph.

April 29, 2017 @ 12:25 am

Love this post, Lexx. Your photographs are beautiful, and the idea of staying and hiking on this island is perfect! But, David’s right…you’re killling us! Just so awesome. 🙂 #FeetDoTravel

12. Michele {Malaysian Meanders}
    May 10, 2017 @ 10:23 pm

I’ve seen photos of the famous “floating” torii gate but didn’t know where exactly in Japan it is located. Looks like you made a good call to do the hike early before the crowds set in. It seems like such a serene spot. Your photos are fantastic. I like the color of the foliage and the statues with the knit caps.
    Michele {Malaysian Meanders} recently posted…Close Encounters on Devils TowerMy Profile

May 11, 2017 @ 11:48 pm

Thanks Michele – Miyajima is beautiful and getting up early is definitely the way to go. On my way down there were so many tourists! Glad you liked the photos!

13. Bianca
    May 12, 2017 @ 8:27 am

What incredible pics, amazing color. I did not know about Mt. Misen. Japan is high up on our list of places to see, I am mildly obsessed with seeing the Snow Monkeys near Nagano. Thanks for sharing, it looks amazing
    Bianca recently posted…Easy Hiking Trails in Southern California Near MeMy Profile

May 13, 2017 @ 10:35 am

Bianca, thank you! I really did want to go to see the monkeys too but it was between that and doing an awesome hike so I just decided to skip it. Especially as there wasn’t any snow around at the time!

14. Agness of aTukTuk
    June 5, 2017 @ 3:16 pm

Hiking this island is my dream, Lexx! Thanks for the motivation!
    Agness of aTukTuk recently posted…Spending a Year Abroad: Why Take the Plunge?My Profile