March 24, 2017 @ 1:17 am

Awesome! We’ve been waiting for this post after seeing some of your Marseilles pictures on Instagram. Looks gorgeous! We’ll definitely have to head back to France and explore more of Provence. As always, Lexx – nicely done!
    Rob+Ann @TravelLatte(.net) recently posted…#Travel140 Travel Tips: 5 ways to upcycle a pillbox into a useful travel accessory.My Profile

March 27, 2017 @ 7:11 pm

Thanks guys – it’s timely as this would be a great time to explore the area before it gets too hot in the summer!

March 24, 2017 @ 11:24 am

Strewth Alexei, what a story … and what a journey! Talk about going off-road; a hike turned into a climbing adventure, darn good job you caught your bag! But your daring, inquisitive nature produced some stunning photographs of the gorgeous scenery; absolutely breathtaking. Interesting fact about the calanques, I had never heard of this name for limestone cliffs before, or this National Park but this is somewhere that needs to be visited. Thanks for teasing us scuba divers as well 🙂 Pinned for future reference #feetdotravel

March 27, 2017 @ 7:11 pm

Angie, I can just imagine you guys getting excited about the prospect of an underwater tunnel and hidden treasure at the end! Maybe they will reopen it one day but it’s to protect the paintings! Thanks – the hike really was great and the climbing made it adventurous!

3. jenn | By Land and Sea
    March 24, 2017 @ 3:15 pm

This sounds like a great way to spend half a day! I love the views and that so much of this park is by the water. With the range being from easy to tough, it really sounds like this is a place everyone can get outside and enjoy themselves!

March 27, 2017 @ 7:09 pm

Thanks Jenn – yeah there is something for everyone here which I really liked! Would love to go for a swim next time too!

4. Carmen Baguio
    March 25, 2017 @ 1:06 pm

What a gorgeous place to hike! We try to hike during the week, too, to avoid the crowds. I love the kayak suggestion, that’s one of my favorite things to do!

March 27, 2017 @ 7:09 pm

Kayaking here would be incredible! I didn’t have time but I would definitely do it next time I am in Marseille!

5. SamH Travels
    March 26, 2017 @ 5:28 am

As I am sure you know, I love hiking and this looks like a place I would love to visit. Marseille is on my to do list so I have pinned this hike for future use. Thanks for sharing 🙂

March 27, 2017 @ 7:08 pm

I definitely recommend it – Marseille is a fantastic city as well!

6. Paul and Carole
    March 26, 2017 @ 9:50 am

Really informative post for hiking this area, looks beautiful. Great photos! #feetdotravel

7. Wangui
    March 27, 2017 @ 7:29 am

Oh wow…..those views of the Mediterranean are amazing. The trail goes through a very scenic route. Thank you for such a lovely article…. regards from Kenya

March 27, 2017 @ 7:07 pm

Thank you – it’s one of the most scenic hikes I’ve done!

8. Shona @ paraphernalia.co
    March 27, 2017 @ 10:19 pm

Absolutely stunning views. Kayaking sounds like a great way to get into some hard to reach places.

9. tracy collins
    March 30, 2017 @ 3:38 pm

What an amazing place!! Totally gorgeous and sounds like you had a great hike though I am not sure I would have attempted the chains (actually I know 100% I wouldn’t) so its great to see your photographs. I love Provence anyway but this is somewhere I had not even heard of. #feetdotravel

March 30, 2017 @ 11:00 pm

Thanks Tracy! What made it even cooler is that it’s one of the newest National Parks in Europe!

10. Only By Land
    March 31, 2017 @ 5:28 am

There are some important tips here, the most important being that there is nowhere to buy food in the park! Your photos of Calanques are wonderful and colorful and have inspired me to visit!

11. Kreete
    April 2, 2017 @ 10:36 am

Alexei, I am in love with this hike you described and want to come with you if you ever return! I can’t believe you did all of that in just a short 3,5 hours! My inner scuba diver said damn it when you mentioned the underwater entrance to the cave is closed. Like why would you even mention it and get my hopes up haha! Awesome photography and as always, the compulsory selfie is cute too

April 4, 2017 @ 5:56 pm

Yeah, I was actually thinking of doing a longer one from Luminy to Cassis so I’ll wait for you to do it! Sorry to play with your emotions like that haha! Thanks for checking it out!