December 2, 2016 @ 5:32 pm

Wow, the deer are amazing in Nara Japan. Seeing your photos brought me back to a fun and historic place to visit. Great top things to do there and directions on where to go. Can’t believe the Messenger of the Gods (Nara Deer) headbutted a child. 🙂 Well, yes i can. The deer can be very aggressive so look out but not a place to miss. The deer selfie…priceless 🙂 Love your photos and thanks for sharing!

December 5, 2016 @ 12:34 am

Yes they were particularly naughty that day! Thanks, Nara is such a lovely place! Would love to go back one day!

2. Paul and Carole
    December 3, 2016 @ 10:56 am

Great post and you were right there were lots of deer! The more we read about Japan the more it intrigues us. Appears a beautiful place your photos are fab. Thanks for sharing! #feetdotravel

December 5, 2016 @ 12:38 am

You should definitely head over when you have the chance! You’ll love it!

December 4, 2016 @ 12:13 pm

Oh deer, I can’t believe they knock people over, love the deer selfie though – brilliant! There really is a lot to see and do in Nara, I love temples and japanese gardens so this place would be a fantastic place for me to visit. The Kasuga Great Shrine is quintessentially Japanese so I would also enjoy photographing that, and what a fabulous walk to reach it through a winding forest path! Such a lovely post and thank you for all the information you have provided, pinned for the future #feetdotravel

December 5, 2016 @ 12:38 am

That selfie was hard work but it paid off in the end! Nara really did have a great range of things to go – temples, gardens and wildlife!

4. Sam H Travels
    December 4, 2016 @ 6:39 pm

The deer are gorgeous !! And they are seemingly not as shy as I would have expected them to be ! Loved the photo of you and the deer lol. Also great shots of the buildings. Very informative post 🙂

December 4, 2016 @ 7:19 pm

I can see why this is a popular destination, looks like a fun place to visit. The deer are lovely and obviously used to people. Visiting the temples & pagodas would be intriguing and I especially love gardens. Thanks for the added tips will pin this for a future visit.

December 4, 2016 @ 7:30 pm

Haha, love that opening. The gardens and the deer looks really serene. The temples, shrines and gates all look really spectacular but that shot of the staircase by Nigatsu-do is awesome. Looks like the new lens got put to good use. Another spot in Japan I’m now keen to see.

December 5, 2016 @ 12:39 am

Thanks David! The lens was a blessing and I only ended up using my usual one a handful of times! Definitely recommend a visit here!

7. Lauren Barratt
    December 8, 2016 @ 4:37 pm

Great opening, Japan is a country I have added to my list after reading your incredible travels!

December 9, 2016 @ 8:56 am

Thanks Lauren! You should definitely visit, you’ll love it!

8. Jenn
    December 9, 2016 @ 3:18 am

Squeal! Adorable… oh my how I love these sweet little deer. And, the grounds and buildings look amazing too! This seems like a great place to spend some time!

December 9, 2016 @ 8:57 am

Thanks Jenn! They looked sweet but they definitely had a temper! Nara is a really cool place!

December 9, 2016 @ 10:15 pm

First off I’m really jealous you went to Nara, me and Phil wanted to, but our schedule didn’t allow it, so thanks for sharing what we missed!! So I’d read about the deer, but had no idea you could get that close! I love your selfie! how many did that take ?! You’re photos are awesome too! was that your new lens? In fact I loved all of your post, I felt like I was there. Japan is just too visually perfect, such beauty, history and taste. I really want to go back and explore more.

December 10, 2016 @ 6:21 pm

Thanks Garth! I have quite a few selfies but I wanted one where the deer is looking into the camera and that was a great one. I really do love the new lens – fantastic for building and landscape shots! You definitely should go if you guys head over again!

10. Sandy N Vyjay
    December 11, 2016 @ 9:31 am

The place is really magical. The gardens and the temples are enchanting. But Dear me! there are so many deer in Nara.

December 15, 2016 @ 3:48 pm

Thanks Vyjay – you’re right, there are a LOT of deer there! You get used to them pretty quickly though. Just keep your food out of sight!

11. Chris Bernstein
    December 18, 2016 @ 2:18 pm

I love visiting old places. Can’t wait to see this too.
    Chris Bernstein recently posted…IM with Jamie ReviewMy Profile