1. Kelly Turpin
    October 15, 2016 @ 12:21 am

Marseille looks absolutely stunning. Having spent the last two years in Southeast Asia I really love seeing the beautiful photos of Europe!… and your photos are gorgeous! The meats in the photo of the Les Artisanales market look deletable – you don’t find much of that stuff around here! Thanks for another great post!
    Kelly Turpin recently posted…4 things to do when you are not just chillin’ at the 4000 Islands!My Profile

October 15, 2016 @ 10:44 am

Thanks Kelly, I was very pleasantly surprised with how cool Marseille is. Definitely would go back and I still have friends there so it might be sooner rather than later. Those meats – oh my! We bought loads but finished them before we got home!

October 15, 2016 @ 1:34 pm

You know I like places that are a bit different and I think Marseille fits the bill nicely. You’re right that it doesn’t spring to mind but I’ve been keen to go there ever since I started reading the Count of Monte Cristo. The view from Fort Saint-Jean is fantastic and you found some cool street art and landscapes too – sounds perfect! Plus that ice cream looks delicious! Great pick Lex!

October 21, 2016 @ 7:17 am

Was a great weekend, David. Refreshing to be somewhere slightly different! Unfortunately I didn’t get to visit the castle from Count of Monte Cristo as it is closed on Mondays!

October 15, 2016 @ 1:41 pm

Looks like a fabulous place to explore. Lots of history and plenty of contemporary. You can’t beat the European markets, everything looks delicious! Love the outdoor cafes. I would definitely visit here thanks for sharing.
    Lisa recently posted…Barrel Run Crossing Winery in OhioMy Profile

October 21, 2016 @ 7:19 am

Yeah it’s very European! Exactly the type of place I love to explore! Very surprised it’s not on more people’s radars

4. Angie Briggs
    October 16, 2016 @ 4:50 pm

I didn’t know Marseille was France’s oldest City, and the Notre-Dame de la Garde is absolutely stunning isn’t it!! As for the views from Calanques National Park – wow, breathtakingly beautiful, I could sit there all day! This is such a fab and informative post clearly showing how much there is to do and the best way of seeing it – thanks for taking the time to share that with us. Pinned for future reference!

October 21, 2016 @ 7:21 am

Thank you Angie! Definitely a fantastic place that more people need to go and see! I’m already planning my return! Such a great mix of things to do all year round too!

5. Jenn
    October 16, 2016 @ 10:29 pm

I was able to spend some brief time in Marseilles years ago and really enjoyed it! I love that you provided so much information ranging from the church protecting the city, to cathedrals, food, and nature opportunities. It looks like it’s grown a lot so this is a city I will have to revisit for sure!

October 21, 2016 @ 7:22 am

Thanks Jenn! You’re one of the few people I know that have visited! It’s definitely changed a lot from what I hear – especially in the last 5-10 years! Let me know when you go, I might have to join you!

October 17, 2016 @ 6:19 pm

Looks like you had a great time in Marseille Alexei, you seemed to pack in loads of things! I’ve never been and it looks stunning. Love the street murals, and Notre-Dame de la Garde interior patterns reminds me of the Mosque in Cordoba. Loads of great tips and ideas so I’ve bookmarked it, as I want to see more of France in the future. Thanks for sharing!

October 21, 2016 @ 7:23 am

Garth, thanks! That’s interesting, I’ve heard a lot about architecture in Cordoba but am yet to visit! Yeah my trips are rarely relaxing! Definitely recommend a visit!

October 20, 2016 @ 10:00 pm

Marseille looks amazing and I love the 300 days of sunshine. The Notre-Dame de la Garde church alone is a good reason to visit with the interior so wonderful. I am all in for the hiking and nightlife. Stunning photos and will pin this for my next trip to France. Thanks for Sharing 🙂

8. Kreete
    October 23, 2016 @ 11:30 pm

Great recommendations! I have not been to France yet but when I do go, I’ll open this article up again to help me with the planning. Loving the photos too! Will pin it for the future! Thanks for sharing!

October 24, 2016 @ 6:37 am

Thank you! Marseille is a great place and you’ll definitely see a very different side of France than you would in Paris!