1. By Land and Sea
    September 23, 2016 @ 3:21 am

This looks so cool! What great things you got to see and I’m so impressed that the tour was 6 hours! I’ve gone on a few bike tours lately and have struggled to adjust to bikes I’m not used to. It is such a great way to see the area you are in though and get some exercise too. And, I love the doggies snoozing in the road!

September 23, 2016 @ 9:09 am

Thanks – it was incredible. So close to the hustle and bustle of the city, yet you would never know you were in Bangkok! I love cycling when I’m traveling – as you said, it’s a great way to keep fit and see the area!

2. Angie Briggs
    September 23, 2016 @ 1:04 pm

This is awesome, I literally hung on every word and imagined I was there cycling with you! We love to go on city cycling tours and absolutely intend to do this when we visit Thailand next year for Songrkan and we will use Grasshopper – I have just checked out their website and they have many different tours to try. Pinned this for future reference. Thank you so much for this great post!

September 23, 2016 @ 1:18 pm

Angie, glad you liked it! Grasshopper were great! I did another two tours with them in Chiang Mai which I’ll write about soon! They are not the cheapest (by Thai standards) but worth every penny! Look forward to hearing about your adventures!

September 23, 2016 @ 3:58 pm

What an amazing way to see the real Bangkok. Interacting with the people, seeing the markets, making a stamp and exploring the culture. Looks like “Grasshoppers Adventures” took very good care of you. I have been to Bangkok a few times but would love to try this on my next visit. Thanks for sharing 🙂

September 23, 2016 @ 6:15 pm

I always find something different to do in Bangkok. This was a fantastic day! Thanks and I hope you get a chance to do this!

4. Leslie
    September 23, 2016 @ 3:59 pm

Your photos are amazing and it seemed like a great trip!

September 23, 2016 @ 8:08 pm

Nice one Alexei, definitely a part of Bangkok I missed. The stilt houses look really beautiful and even remind me bizarrely of ones in Panama. Cycling seems a quicker method for getting about, but I’m not sure how confident I would be on the busy streets. Wish my photos from there looked this good.

September 23, 2016 @ 10:15 pm

Thanks David! The only slightly sketchy bit was a short ride on a fairly busy road – but it was ok! I was more worried about the narrow paths with drops into the water on each side!

September 24, 2016 @ 7:33 am

Great way to see things off the beaten path. It’s great you found a reputable biking company so you get the full experiences. Just to be able to see more of what the locals see makes any trip more worthwhile. Thanks for sharing!

September 24, 2016 @ 9:14 pm

Great experience Alexei! Anyone who’s been to Bangkok will know how bonkers it is, can’t believe you were on bikes dodging those mopeds! Being right up close to those stilt houses must have been great fun! we only saw those from the river. Will keep this for a future visit, fancy the idea getting out of the city on bikes

September 25, 2016 @ 7:43 pm

Garth, it wasn’t too bad as we started quite early in the morning and used quieter backroads but there were some near-misses! Hope you get a chance to do this in the future!

September 25, 2016 @ 6:13 pm

What a great post, and fun tour! A good guide makes all the difference, and it sounds like you had a great one. Love the Wat Chalo – definitely unique and absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
    Rob+Ann @TravelLatte(.net) recently posted…Leaf Peeping Coast to Coast: Where to find brilliant autumn color across AmericaMy Profile

September 25, 2016 @ 7:44 pm

Thanks guys! The guide was awesome and I have done other tours with these guys since! Highly recommend them! Wat Chalo was definitely beautiful!

9. Vyjay
    September 26, 2016 @ 12:40 am

The bike tour definitely gives a different perspective of Bangkok. Last time around time constraints bound us to the beaten track. Hope to do this next time we are around there.

September 26, 2016 @ 9:03 am

Absolutely, Vyjay! Hope you get a chance to do next time round!

10. Curtis
    September 26, 2016 @ 8:23 pm

I’ve been to Bangkok a bunch of times now because of work but I never knew they had a bike tour! Definitely going to try that the next time I travel there. Thanks for sharing this!

September 27, 2016 @ 12:28 am

Curtis, there are loads of different options! All day, half-day, night options! Definitely give them a go!

11. Marcelle Simone Heller
    September 27, 2016 @ 8:10 am

I did a bicycle tour in Bangkok myself and it was unforgettable! You get to places which you’d otherwise never see. I was a little bit nervous now and again as it was so crowded and my cycling a bit rusty to say at least 😉

September 27, 2016 @ 9:13 am

So glad you enjoyed it! I love cycling tours and think it’s a great way of exploring places! Thanks!