1. Angie
    September 9, 2016 @ 10:02 am

Wow, the roofs of Budva Old Town and Sveti Stefan are stunning, and I’m more than happy to hit the beach and sip a cocktail (or two!), I will leave the cliff jumping to the more adventurous types like you 🙂 I had never thought of Montenegro as a destination before but with the gorgeous scenery, history, beaches and opportunity to check out a music festival all in one place, I think I need to add this to my list of places! Thank you for sharing.

September 9, 2016 @ 4:53 pm

Angie, I’m still so surprised that it’s not on more people’s radars! It’s one of my favourite countries in Europe – so much to see and I can’t wait to go back!

September 9, 2016 @ 2:00 pm

Budva’s a fun spot in Montenegro. I really wasn’t expecting such a neat Old Town area. Part of the reason I visited Budva was to see Sveti Stefan and that place is just beautiful. Hadn’t heard of Sea Dance before but it looks like something worth remembering for next year. Nice one!

September 9, 2016 @ 4:55 pm

Thanks David – neat is a great way to describe it. While I am not a fan of the tourist masses, there is somehow always a small alleyway you can duck down to escape them in Budva. I highly recommend the festival too!

3. Kevan
    September 9, 2016 @ 2:03 pm

Always looking for new places I hadn’t thought of a a travel destination to visit. The combination of history, natural beauty and culture certainly is a reason to consider a visit.

September 10, 2016 @ 12:13 pm

What a cool place to visit. Yes on the cocktails on the beach but, like you I would have to go exploring. Visiting historical buildings and walking down those cobblestone streets. From your pictures looks like I could find a few places to hike too!

September 11, 2016 @ 5:41 pm

Thanks Lisa! Yes there is another monastery even further up the mountain from Praskvica and that looked like an awesome hike.

September 10, 2016 @ 7:56 pm

Budva and Kotor both look great. I’ve seen shots of Sveti Stefan, now i know where it is! I’ve already added Montenegro to our bucket list, since your last post!

September 11, 2016 @ 5:43 pm

I would love to stay at Sveti Stefan one day! Time to start playing the lottery!

6. Kelly Turpin
    September 11, 2016 @ 5:15 am

I had never heard of Budva! It appears to be a wonderful place full of history. I don’t know what fascinates me more Praskvica Monastery, Sveti Stefan, or the beautiful old town. Your photos are amazing! Well done.

September 11, 2016 @ 5:44 pm

Thanks Kelly, they were all pretty fascinating! Would have loved to have more time to explore the surrounding area some more!

7. Becki
    September 11, 2016 @ 9:37 am

I’ve now 100% added Montenegro to my bucket list! Your pictures are stunning and I can’t wait to visit there one day!

September 11, 2016 @ 5:45 pm

Thanks Becki – definitely somewhere I would recommend everyone to visit at some point!

8. Jenn
    September 11, 2016 @ 1:28 pm

Ok, I am really wanting to go here now! The Sveti Stefan, the chapel, the streets! They all look so cool! Did you end up jumping off the cliff!?! I’m not afraid of heights, but I’m afraid of falling from them and therefore cliff jumping is something I have yet to do!

September 11, 2016 @ 5:46 pm

Jenn, yes I did. I like cliff jumping as long as I know it’s safe. The guy who jumped before me was still alive so I figured it’s ok!

September 12, 2016 @ 3:09 am

Gotta say, Lexx, you pick out some awesome places to visit! We had never heard of Budva before, but now would LOVE to go! Gorgeous old town next to warm beaches? We are in! Definitely adding this to our wish list. Thanks for sharing, and for the great photos!
    Rob+Ann @TravelLatte(.net) recently posted…In Case You Missed It – Travel News This Week for 10 SeptemberMy Profile

September 14, 2016 @ 4:35 pm

You definitely should go! So much to do and see! Thanks for stopping by!

10. Jen
    September 13, 2016 @ 2:56 pm

I didn’t know about Budva until I saw this post. Your pictures are amazing! I could imagine myself enjoying this place. Everything about it looks and sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

September 14, 2016 @ 4:36 pm

Thanks Jen, I haven’t met anyone who hasn’t liked it yet and Montenegro is one of my favourite recommendations for visitors to Europe!

11. Agness of Fit Travelling
    January 23, 2017 @ 6:59 pm

I love Budva! The people are friendly, the Old Town stunning, and the beach is breathtaking! Moreover, Sveti Stefan is a perfect destination. Thanks for bringing back beautiful memories, Lexx!

February 2, 2017 @ 5:56 pm

It’s such a lovely place, isn’t it? I’ve been twice now and I would love to go back – and explore more of Montenegro too!