August 26, 2016 @ 8:53 am

I love old buildings and ruins, there is so much history and I always wonder “if walls could talk, what stories would they tell”. Your walk sounds perfect – a stroll that involved a bit of danger to the summit and fantastic views (I make it sound like a mountain lol). Love this adventure!

August 26, 2016 @ 5:43 pm

Angie, I know what you mean. I always pause and think “who’s been here and what were they doing?” So glad I got to do the climb on this trip!

2. Becki
    August 26, 2016 @ 11:39 am

This looks absolutely amazing!! Your photos of the place are stunning, they make me want to pack my bags and go immediately!

August 26, 2016 @ 5:44 pm

Thanks Becki! If you haven’t been to Montenegro yet, I highly recommend it. Wonderful country and people!

August 26, 2016 @ 12:08 pm

You always visit the coolest places! I love this, I could get lost here for awhile roaming the town, castle, or hiking those mountains. Nice pictures too!

August 26, 2016 @ 5:45 pm

Lisa, this would be right up your street! Thanks and this was definitely one of the coolest walks!

August 26, 2016 @ 1:15 pm

Budva looks like a great place to visit! I’m not sure I would get Phil to climb up all that way without the promise of beer and wine at the top! Cheese sounds good tho! Epic views too! have added it to my bookmarks, great read as always.

August 26, 2016 @ 5:46 pm

Haha, Garth, we can tell him there is a bar at the top! Would he be upset if we lied? Thanks, I really loved the walk and taking photos here!

August 26, 2016 @ 5:30 pm

Ah, allocated bus seating in the Balkans. 80% of people don’t care, but you only need one who does for everyone to to get uprooted. I just adore Kotor (and Budva) and the views from the fortress are insane! I went up on a blisteringly hot June afternoon and had it almost to myself. I didn’t see any signs to a cottage, although I definitely had to buy a drink from one of the guys sitting in the shade with a cooler. Your photos do it justice Lex.

August 26, 2016 @ 5:47 pm

David, thanks. I’m glad I managed to capture it well – you’re my go-to expert on Balkans and Eastern Europe so that means a lot!

6. Jenn
    August 26, 2016 @ 6:32 pm

I love the church and chapel! The craftsmanship is remarkable and I love how much history a place like this holds! I wish we were in Europe sometimes so we could more easily explore these amazing places!!

August 27, 2016 @ 11:18 am

Thanks Jenn. We are pretty lucky over here but then I feel similarly about USA!

7. Kelly Turpin
    August 27, 2016 @ 1:52 am

Wow! What a place. It just looks and sound fantastic… and you have captured that beautifully with your words and your stunning photography. Well done.

August 27, 2016 @ 11:19 am

Thanks Kelly! The area, buildings and landscape made it much easier for me!

August 27, 2016 @ 10:45 am

Looks like a great place for exploring old streets and buildings. I love walking around and judging by your pictures, could easily imagine myself spending a day or two wandering around this place. Great photos

August 27, 2016 @ 11:18 am

Thanks, Barry. Kotor is very walkable and there are some beautiful buildings around. There’s plenty to do in the surrounding area too!

9. Vyjay
    August 29, 2016 @ 4:10 am

It is quite an epic trip. It has all the elements and drama of a great adventure. loved your account and the visual narrative through your pictures.

August 29, 2016 @ 9:49 am

Thank you! It was a great day and I already miss Montenegro! Hope to have some more adventures there soon!

September 18, 2016 @ 10:04 pm

Montenegro has never been on our travel radar, for some reason. Having read a few of your posts from the area has shown us the error of our oversight! What beautiful scenery, awesome ruins, and great towns. And fresh cheese, too? We’re in!
    Rob+Ann @TravelLatte(.net) recently posted…In Case You Missed It – Travel News This Week for 10 SeptemberMy Profile