1. Angie Briggs
    September 16, 2016 @ 10:25 am

I admit that despite visiting Amsterdam quite a number of times (9!!), I have never eaten healthy, shame on me! I have enjoyed amazing Argentinian steaks and obviously traditional chips and mayonnaise! Sara’s Pancake House near Anne Frankhuis is gorgeous, it’s a meal in itself and they have both sweet and savoury. I intend to return to Amsterdam and when I do, i will check out some of your ideas – especially love the thought of a picnic in Vondelpark … I will avoid the herring though 🙂

September 16, 2016 @ 11:01 am

We did go to a steak restaurant in Amsterdam but I ended up having a massive salad! I intend to go back soon and would love to find some other great food spots!

September 16, 2016 @ 3:31 pm

Wow, such great places that I didn’t find on my journey to Amsterdam. I had to pin this post to save for later so I can try some of this tasty cuisine. My favorite is to buy bread, cheese, cold cuts and have a picnic. The Nescio Café and Bar looks fabulous for food plus I like the seating. The healthy Blushing Cafe looks good and the markets are a must place to stop. Thanks for sharing such great food spots in Amsterdam! 🙂

September 16, 2016 @ 7:39 pm

I must have been following in Angie’s steps, as all i can remember eating was pancakes, chips and mayo!
    Great detailed post Alexei! I’m definitely bookmarking this one for our next visit, which might be next year we hope! The food market looks like my favourite, the G&Ts sold it to me! Did you spend your whole time eating?!

September 18, 2016 @ 10:07 pm

Haha I did find some time to sightsee and walk around to burn off all the food and beer!

September 17, 2016 @ 11:58 am

I will pin this one. Hopefully visiting Amsterdam next year and this will come in handy. All the food looks delicious and I plan to try as much of it as I can! I love picnics so a little bit if down time after sight seeing would be perfect. Thanks for sharing this list.
    Lisa recently posted…Grand Teton National Park Autumn ActivitiesMy Profile

5. Gutsygurltravel
    September 17, 2016 @ 1:04 pm

What a great list! Now I want to return to Amsterdam to check out the food scene.

6. By land and sea
    September 17, 2016 @ 4:46 pm

Honestly, I don’t know much about Amsterdam, although I hope to get there some day in the next few years! I had no idea the food scene offered so many good and healthy choices! Grabbing food for a picnic and strolling through markets sounds great to me. It’s so quintessential!

September 17, 2016 @ 8:25 pm

It’s impressive how healthy a lot of this is. Where are the waffles?! It’s good to see a diverse mix of things on the list and I’m fond of having a break from local food, so the Thai is a great recommendation. Was expecting the Blushing Cafe to just be parrot food, but that pancake looks awesome. Man, I really need to get to Amsterdam. #FeetDoTravel

September 18, 2016 @ 10:08 pm

I can’t eat waffles unfortunately because of my diet so I had to longingly look at them throughout the trip!

September 17, 2016 @ 10:46 pm

I visited Amsterdam last year but didn’t get chance to check out any of these places. We camped just outside of the city and cycled into the centre, so did had huge appetites from riding around each day. Love Thai food and the protein pancakes look cool – would be something I would try. Tried to make them once but they turned out pretty disgusting!

9. Jen
    September 19, 2016 @ 5:51 pm

This is great! We will be in Amsterdam next month and I have no idea yet on what to eat. Thank you so much for sharing! 🙂 I’m excited to try Rob Wigboldus Vishandel!

September 19, 2016 @ 7:23 pm

Thanks Jen! I hope you like it! It’s tricky to find but it’s worth it!

10. Becki
    September 21, 2016 @ 8:18 pm

Will definitely have to save this post for when I get round to visiting Amsterdam (which will hopefully be soon!) All the food looks delicious, thanks for sharing!

September 22, 2016 @ 1:01 pm

I’m about to book my next visit so might have to do an updated version of the post soon!

11. Helena
    September 24, 2016 @ 4:54 am

Oh wow! This post and photos look so delicious! I don’t know much about Amsterdam and the food opinions look nice and healthy! I can’t wait to go over and check it all out 🙂

September 24, 2016 @ 5:24 pm

Thanks Helena! I try and go for the healthy stuff when I travel but Amsterdam has loads of other yummy stuff as well!