September 2, 2016 @ 7:37 am

We took a day trip to Marrakech from a week’s holiday in Agadir so didn’t have anywhere near enough time to truly submerge ourselves in the souk culture! Your description of the food and attack on your senses makes me wish we could have spent longer there – especially so we could sit on the terrace for the magnificent night-time views! Thanks for making me want to return for a better experience (plus we are wiser at haggling now!!)

September 2, 2016 @ 8:43 pm

Angie, I actually had quite a few days in Marrakech so managed to really explore the souks and the surrounding areas properly. Definitely worth another visit in the future!

September 2, 2016 @ 1:21 pm

Digging the new look Lex. While Marrakech wasn’t my favourite stop in Morocco, you’ve covered the highlights there well. Jardin Majorelle was really peaceful and having a coffee at the cafe was nice. And definitely agree that a cafe terrace over Djemaa el-fns square at night is a must.

September 2, 2016 @ 8:46 pm

Thanks David – I really didn’t expect the gardens to be so well maintained and Djemaa El-Fna is just so fascinating!

September 2, 2016 @ 4:43 pm

Great article on Marrakech. I had a chance to visit many years ago and after seeing your pictures and reading your highlights I’m sorry to have missed this experience. The nighttime experience at the square looks like a must. Great highlights and thanks for sharing!

September 3, 2016 @ 9:35 am

The new look on the website looks great. Also, handy tips if you plan on visiting Marrakech – the food looks spot on! Mind you eating is normally my first stop when arriving in a new place 🙂

September 3, 2016 @ 10:16 am

Would really like to visit Marrakech one day, and I’m sure we will! as I’ve heard all sorts of stories about this place! Great write up, looks like an adventure that you did really well. We had tagine recently in Brighton which was delicious! I bet the real thing is even better. I would love the photo ops for spices and goods,, but heard stall owners demand money for photos, did you come across that?

September 4, 2016 @ 5:07 pm

Thanks Garth – Yeah I was pretty happy with my time in Marrakech! I certainly did have some pushback when trying to take photos but opportunities did come up. Friends who were actually shopping for something, unattended stalls and less relaxed locals – so just got to keep your camera to hand at all times!

September 3, 2016 @ 12:59 pm

The new website is great, nicely streamlined! I have never been to Marrakech but I think I would enjoy it. I love trying foods from new places I visit and this looks delicious! The markets look like fun. Thanks for the tips.

September 4, 2016 @ 5:08 pm

Thanks Lisa, that’s what I was going for! Marrakech is great to explore at your own pace. It’s crazy but fascinating at the same time!

September 5, 2016 @ 1:31 am

What a fantastic post! Morocco has been on my Bucket List since I was a kid reading dad’s National Geographics. This list hits many of the things I’ve read about for years – and they look as awesome as I’ve imagined. Yep – definitely need to move this trip up a few notches. 🙂 -Rob
    Rob+Ann @TravelLatte(.net) recently posted…In Case You Missed It – Travel News This Week for 3 SeptemberMy Profile

September 5, 2016 @ 7:45 am

Thanks Rob, Morocco definitely exceeded my expectations. It’s a beautiful country with so much to do and see. The variety of landscapes also took me by surprise!

8. Vyjay
    September 7, 2016 @ 4:34 am

Marrakech is such a colourful and vibrant place. Your post brings alive the best of Marrakech so vividly. Would love to visit Morocco some day.